Email
Samuel Rosenstein from United States  [30 posts]
15 year
What emails work with the email module? I know gmail, and hotmail won't work, or anything else that uses SSL encryption, correct? thanks, Sam
Anonymous 15 year
Hi Sam,

Correct you would have to use your local ISP's smtp client alternatively you can use the mapi client checkbox and then use what ever email client you have running locally. The other options would be use something like stunnel.org to route the connection through ssl or install a local smtp server on you box or finally use the API and write your own connection see(http://www.shabdar.org/send-email-using-gmail-account-asp-net-csharp.html)
Samuel Rosenstein from United States  [30 posts] 15 year
Can you please explain how i would go about doing this? I haven't really done much programing

Thanks,
Sam
Anonymous 15 year
Sam,

If you look on the email module interface you will see a "Use MAPI Client" at the top. Select that and fill in the rest that is not disabled. Then click start and see what other dialogs appear. The Use MAPI Client causes RoboRealm to use your currently installed email application to send email. Thus if you have an application like Outlook or Thunderbird installed to send email that application will be used instead of trying to send the email directly. This will allow you to send encrypted or otherwise secure email by using your email client.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index