Frequent crashes with Crop module
from United States  [214 posts]
15 year
Hello,

I am using RR version 1.8.22.1 with a Logitech Fusion webcam and I am getting very frequent crashes whenever I use the Crop module.  It can happen almost any time I modify the Crop module in any way such as clicking on the adjust arrows for the boundaries, typing in a number for the boundaries, or even disabling/enabling or deleting the module as a whole.  It happens so often and with a variety of other modules in the pipeline (although Polar is usually before it) that I'm hoping it is a bug that might be fairly easy to spot in the source.

Anyway, just thought I should report it.

Thanks,
patrick
Anonymous 15 year
Patrick,

Can you post one or two modules that you were using before this happened? It is most likely the modules after the crop that is causing the crash. Getting an idea of which modules will definately speed up the debugging process! The crop module seems fine (I just tried to recreate your issue without success).

STeven.
from United States  [214 posts] 15 year
Hi STeven,

I have found four modules that cause trouble when following the Crop module: Geometric Statistics, Color Statistics, Moment Statistics  and Movement.  If I start from scratch and insert Crop followed by anyone of these, then toggling the Disable button on the Crop module causes a crash 100% of the time.

--patrick
Anonymous 15 year
Patrick,

Thanks! That really helped. We found the issue. Basically when you disable the crop the image suddenly becomes larger for all the following modules. They were not reallocating their internal memory correctly when this happened. This has been fixed in 1.8.23.3

Could you download and give that sequence a try once more?

Thanks for the bug report!
STeven.
from United States  [214 posts] 15 year
Hi STeven,

Brilliant! The problem is fixed in 1.8.23.3.

Many thanks!
patrick

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index