Snap function...
Jeff from Canada  [8 posts]
15 year
Having a lot of fun with this software. Very easy to use...

One thing I would like to do is save an image to jpeg that includes the variables overwritten on the image by the Display_Variables module.

With the Marker module I can get the Write Image module to fire at the right point in the pipeline, but the result does not include the overwritten information.

What I'm looking for is an automated version of the Snap button.

Thanks!
Anonymous 15 year
Jeff,

It seems that the marker module does not save the image with the written variables. Can you place the WriteImages module exactly where the marker module is and set the source to current? That should write an image with the text displays. If not, let us know and we will see if we can adapt the marker module to have an option for text overlay saving too.

STeven.
Jeff from Canada  [8 posts] 15 year
Thanks for your reply STeven,

My problem is that the application (a snow guage) is designed to run autonomously for weeks on end. The weather station (which hosts the snow guage) is set to reboot every day. This resets RR's current image to the end of the pipe.

A Snapshot Module or a text overlay option for the existing Marker Module seems to be the the best route to go. In our case it would allow me to post on our weather site in real time a visual representation of the snow guage, along with the data it's collecting.

Thanks,

Jeff
Anonymous 15 year
Jeff,

Two updates that may help your situation have been uploaded.

1. The Marker module now has the ability to include graphics that are normally overlaid ontop of the video stream such that when referenced those graphics will appear.

2. Each display module (including Display_Variables) now has the option to include the graphics in the actual video stream or keep them as before in being overlaid after all processing has completed.

Either of these changes should accomplish what you were asking about. This is in v1.8.22.0

STeven.
Jeff from Canada  [8 posts] 15 year
Perfect. Just what I needed. These revisions will, no doubt, help others as well.

Thanks for making such a great program available!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index