apllication to universities
arindam  [8 posts]
16 year
hey;
  i am going to apply to US universities, for A pHD degree IN computer vision,
I have done a  project where i made my robot recognise shapes , and color and track them down. i used RR. Do think it is agood project ; do Professors in US universities know abt this S/W . i have been using RR for a long time(from the time RR was working on a path follwing module!!) in many other projects also I have used RR . BUt now i am not quite sure if the universities will recognise it or not.. help me out

arindam
Anonymous 16 year
arindam,

That is a difficult questions to answer without knowing the University that you are applying to. There are a couple of Universities that we know that have added RoboRealm to part of their curriculum and many that have used it in presentations/projects. As we do not formally keep track of the usage of RoboRealm we expect it to be in a lot more Universities than we are aware of.

Having said that, it would not be a bad idea to include that as part of your application as it shows that you have initiative into a domain that you are entering. Any projects that include machine vision when applying for a computer vision degree should probably be mentioned. And if even they have not heard of RoboRealm I imagine that they would probably be interested in knowing what you have accomplished regardless.

Good luck on your application! We wish you the best of luck!

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index