RR not working with Watchport/V camera
sc  [3 posts]
16 year
I can';t seem to get RR to cooperate with the Watchport/V camera or the ViCAM driver. Specs for the newer Watchport/V2, and V3 model cameras:
http://www.digi.com/products/videosensors/watchportcamerasspecs.jsp

The older Watchport/V camera was supplied with a ViViewer application, Video for Windows (AVI) Driver, TWAIN (Scanner) Driver, and system related files.

If I try to launch RR with the camera plugged into the USB port, or I launch RR, and then plug in the Watchport/V camera I get the following pop up message:

" ! Invalid bit count for RGB format. Expected 24, 32 or 16. Found 8 bits."

If I launch the camera's ViViewer application first, then try to launch RR, I get the following pop up message:

" ! RoboRealm has detected the camera 'ViCAM digital camera AVI driver' but could not connect to it. This happens if the camera is already being used by another application or is in a locked state."

I am thinking RR is bring up the camera in a default 8 bit B&W mode, and then doesn't like it.

Anonymous 16 year
Have you tried to use the Options button ->Video tab -> Format button to set the camera into a mode that RR likes? The interface for the format will come directly from the camera. See if you can select RGB 24 or any other format.

Also would recommend trying to get the DirectShow driver working as that will be much faster.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Okay, thanks. I didn't think I had access to camera controls, because the "video source" and "video format" buttons are frequently "grayed out". Can't quite figure out why, but some times they are active, and I was able to get into the camera controls, and get the Watchport/V camera connected, and live.

What would I need to do, to get the DirectShow driver working?  I'm not sure the watchport/V camera supports DirectShow. I would hate to have to upgrade the camera, because the Watchport is a a fairly high end USB camera at $200-$250.
Anonymous 16 year
For directshow check the url that you provided .. apparently the system does support directshow but you might just need to install the drivers. If you also do NOT see the VFW letters in the Options Button->Video tab dropdown menu (i.e. where you select which camera to use) then you might already be using DirectShow. If the framerate seems reasonable around the high 20 fps then you're probably ok.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index