socket console printing : "test"
boaz from Israel  [5 posts]
16 year
hi
i have run the C# socket code and the returning value(that printed on console)
is :
"processing 123
test"
i saw in code that this is due to :    len > DATA_BUFFER
how can i solve it? what is the meaning of "len" ?

thanks a lot
Boaz
Anonymous 16 year
Boaz,

Are you sure you are running our API code? We don't have any reference to DATA_BUFFER in any of our code ... perhaps you could paste the function where this error is coming up as you might be using an older or otherwise modified version of the API.

If we had to guess we'd say that len would be the length of the image or data unit to be loaded and it is most likely too big to fit into the current allocated buffer size (assuming that number is DATA_BUFFER).

Thanks,
STeven.
boaz from Israel  [5 posts] 16 year
STeven
i refer to Extensions\CSharp program...
run()  function  line 313
sorry for not being clearly  enough...

shabat-shalom
Boaz
Anonymous 16 year
Boaz,

Thanks for the explanation. We though you were talking about the API as apposed to the Extensions. Just for reference the API is used to control RR whilst the Extensions are meant to extend it by creating your own modules.

That line in particular works with getting a variable's value from the main RR program. Most variables are limited in size and are much less than 1024 in value size which is what DATA_BUFFER is set to. You most likely are just trying to read in a long array. To solve this you can do one of two things.

1. Extend Data_BUFFER to a much larger size.

2. Just read in the entire variable value without actually saving it anywhere ... this assumes you will just ignore the value.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index