Problems w API
Rui from Portugal  [5 posts]
16 year
Hi everyone - can someone help with the API?

a) Where can I get a list of the available commands/ procedures and respective sintax for the API?

b) I cant get an img... what is exactly the meaning os the first parameter?

c) Can I load a JPG instead of a ppm?

d) How can I access the options tab to verify/ set a camera

I am doing fine (more or less) with a robofile running and GetVariable, but I still need more...

Thanks in advance
Anonymous 16 year
a) There isn't an available list that we maintain other than the documentation in the website. The way you go about working with the API is also by using the GUI to create the appropriate filter that you need, saving that configuration into a .robo file (aka robofile) and then loading that robofile using a text editor (that's the XML that you send via the API). So the best way to create the XML for the API is to use the GUI to create it for you and then tweak the params as needed before you send it to the application via the API.

b) The first parameter specifies which image you want to grab. When RoboRealm processes images it makes many copies of the image during the processing. For example, the "source" is the raw unprocessed image, the "processed" or "" image is the final image after being processed. Other images are saved in memory using the Marker module and also require a name ... if you use this name in the API you will grab that image instead. Normally you can just leave the param blank and you will get back the final processed image.

c) Yes, you just need to use any of the available extensions (.jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, etc.)

d) To change the camera use the Set_Camera API call. There is an example in the C++ main.cpp file on how to use that. Note that you should ideally specify the camera name exactly as it appears in the Video tab dropdown but the system will also make a guess if the names are close (i.e. just use Logitech to  switch to any logitech camera).

STeven.
Rui from Portugal  [5 posts] 16 year
Ok Steven

Thanx

I'll try it and report back later

Rui

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index