LED controllers via Roborealm
Dgephri from United States  [23 posts]
16 year
So for a PC project I want LED control, and I want dynamic input like web input steering/motion would be, not just choreographed via timing.

The two products I can find most capable of my needs are this:
[url=http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239]LED-Wiz 32port[/url]

and this:
[url=http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1030]Phidget LED64[/url]

I have little or no experience coding (though I learn quickly) and think the community here would find use of a Module with these units as well.

So, as a new RR user, looking to tie my Parallax Servo board and my Logitech OrbitMP into RR with a Module for one of these products, does anybody with experience in RR have pointers?  Recommendations for a product variant I haven't found yet?

All help appreciated, I am eager to get going for my Deadline in July.
Anonymous 16 year
Dgephri,

We don't have any recommendations for additional hardware devices but just wanted to answer your request for a module to support either product. While we don't have any budget for such devices (they are not related to the core product line) we do have the resources to integrate such products. Basically we need to have the hardware unit for a week or two in order to test out a potential new module. If you can determine a way to make this possible then we can help by creating a module that supports that device. One such possibility is for you to chose one of the above products, have it shipped to us, we'd hold on to it for two weeks and then ship it to you with the knowledge that the new module works with that device.

In lieu of that solution the RoboRealm API or Extensions can be used to integrate the product's communication into RoboRealm.

STeven.
Dgephri from United States  [23 posts] 16 year
most excellent, I will make my order and have it shipped to you for review.

I am opting for the LED Wiz-32 since the Phidget is too much $$ and overkill for my purpose.

Where do I send it?

PS, feel free to email me at "dgephri @ dgephridesign.com"
Dgephri from United States  [23 posts] 16 year
Just email me the address and I will have that shipped directly to you...ready to order ASAP.  :)

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index