SRV-1b extra pin voltages
Anonymous
16 year
Hi STeven,

I was just wondering, what voltages are used for the surveyor SRV-1's extra pins? (H10-H15)

I'm looking at interfacing either 0 or 5V to them depending on a comparator value. Will this be safe?

Regards

Ian R
Anonymous 16 year
Ian,

That seems ok but it would be best to check with the Surveyor site (they also have a forum) just to be sure. We more software folks here!

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Dear STeven,

Ok, well would it be possible for you guys to test out maybe H10 with the .robo file I have attached?

I tried something complex first where I was altering the speed of the motors depending on the switch value.

However, this simpler .robo file will show that nothing is actually happening. The switch variable does not change (from 0 to 1) when I connect +3v to it.

What is also interesting about the robot's datasheet is that it suggests that on the header, ground and +3v are the wrong way around from what I am measuring.

Pin H10 is the third one up from where it says 31 on the bottom of the header (i.e pin 29 by my reckoning)

So, could you get this working (I assume you guys must have done some testing since you made the program to do it lol)? Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

Ian R
program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
Just forgot something.

In addition to not doing anything, the robot actually twiches one motor forwards and one backwards roughly once every four seconds if I try and put in a VBScript program.
Anonymous 16 year
Dear STeven,

Ok here is the reply I got http://www.surveyor.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1204297088

Is the code for the pins actually working?

Best regards

Ian R
surveyor.com from United States  [1 posts] 16 year
STeven - Though I recall that we discussed this last fall, we neglected to include the 'dd', 'dr', 'dw' bit dir/read/write functions in the SRV_protocol, so the functions Ian is asking about won't work in Roborealm.  

We can remedy this in the next firmware release, but can you remind me exactly of the syntax you used and how the bits were packed ?  We might need to change the command syntax, as we have reorganized the command parameters to be either 8-bit binary or ASCII decimal, but we no longer use ASCII hex parameters in the other commands.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index