USB HID
VorlonKen from United Kingdom  [7 posts]
16 year
Hi STeven,

I've just downloaded v1.8.7.6 and I can't see the USB HID interface in the Control/Other selection (or anywhere else for that matter. Is there a problem?

Regards

Ken
Anonymous 16 year
Whoops, our fault. Please try the download again. It should be in Control->Other or present in the index/search tabs.

Thanks for the note,
STeven.
USB HID
16 year
HI STeven,

Thanks once again for the speedy fix, I'll try it again. Hopefully this may provide me with a way of accessing my Velleman 8055 board easily which is why I'm interested in it.

Ken
USB HID
16 year
Hi STeven,

Sorry about this but it's probably me. I just tried using this with my Striker I missile launcher and nothing happened.

Ken
Anonymous 16 year
Ken,

That is to be expected. The Striker launcher does not send any info back to the PC and thus the console would not show anything. It also uses a very confusing communication mode of using two HID channels ... one to setup for the data and the other to receive the motor commands. This is not possible with the generic USB HID module. Alas, not all devices that support HID work in the same way which is why we so support those devices natively (the Striker Module should work) and just provided the USB HID module for use with the simplest of devices.

Let us know if things work better with the Velleman device.

STeven
USB HID
16 year
Hi STeven,

Thanks for the explanation. Things are looking up to some extent. I can see the input from the switches and the two ADCs. Just need to work out how to control the output and I'll be happy.

Thanks for another useful module (well it is for me at any rate :) ).

Ken

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index