MINDSTORMS NXT
Anonymous
16 year
Hi, I have a problem. I want to command the NXT to turn on the red LED on Light sensor. I have let the NXT react on bluetooth command, number 1 means Yes and 0 means No. But the problem is, that instead of 0, the nxt recieves number 0572864 and instead of 1 it recieves 0572865.

Please, can you advise me how can I fix it?

Sorry for (if) bad English.
Anonymous 16 year
Thanks for the note, there was a problem in the transmission of an integer number to a particular mailbox. This has now been fixed in ver 1.8.7.8 (just uploaded). Please download RR again and see if the fix works for you.

thanks!
STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
It works, thanks. :)
Anonymous 16 year
Now it does this: Instead of number 53 it recieves 035, instead of 48 it recieves 084 etc. Maybe I have a uncompatible bluetooth, but please check it. And i dont know why, but it writes that it is version 1.8.7.7 (even if I have downloaded the new version)
lego nxt
Anonymous
16 year
Hi.
I downloaded newest version 1.8.7.8 and am still having problems with lego nxt mailbox.

I am only receiving number larger than 10 and they are not correct.
Example:
1=0
11=1
12=2
110=10

It seems the first digit is lost.

lol..I though I was going crazy...

I also wanted to point out something a little strange with the keyboard interface.  The working one displays all numbers, while the not working one only shows the last 2 keys..
Anonymous 16 year
posting robos
program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
sorry, couldnt post both .robo 's in one post
program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
We've added another example on the Lego NXT doc page. See Example #2 in

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Lego_NXT.php

and see if you can test out the mailbox functionality. We don't find any issues using either USB or bluetooth and need to confirm that the issues above perhaps do not have to do with the bluetooth and NXT transmission.

Let us know if you find that working ... also note the RR application has been updated to 1.8.7.9 so be sure to see that version # in the main application title bar. If you do not, perhaps your browser cached the last download. You will need to clear your browser cache in order to ensure a fresh download.

thanks,
STeven.

lego nxt
Anonymous
16 year
Hi Steven,

I was unable to download simpler g-block example.

It said:
The document name you requested (/help/Lego_NXT_GBlock_simple.rbt) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
Available documents:

/help/Lego_NXT_GBlock_simple.php (common basename)
/help/Lego_NXT_GBlock_simple.robo (common basename)
Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

I would love to test it with usb to make sure its not a bluetooth issue.

Thanks.
Nicthegr
Anonymous 16 year
Hi Steven,

Roborealm works fine for me!  It turns out it was sloppy programing on my part for the nxt.

By using this lego nxt file I was able to get everything just fine.  Couldnt upload file so here is a snap shot of program.

Sorry for bothering ya,
Keep up the GREAT work!

nicthegr
Anonymous 16 year
Nicthegr,

Thanks for the update!

FWIW, we fixed that link in case others want to try it out.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Hi,

I just tried your example and it didnt work.  I am using usb to connect not bluetooth.  Does the sample work for anyone?  I dont know if it because im using a newer educational software or not.  All I know is that my program does work and will continue using it.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else might of got the sample to work.  Small sample programs are great to track down problems!

Nicthegr
Anonymous 16 year
What about the example does not work? Did the included rbt program not print a '0' on the Lego NXT? Did it not compile? Did it run fine on the NXT but with no communication from the PC? Did you close the Lego NXT programming environment before testing RoboRealm?

Just trying to track down the issue.

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Hi,

Thanks for response!

The lego nxt prints a 0 and the programs compiles.  It also has comunication to nxt ( I can go into the lego nxt in roborealm and see power from the battery and get info from the sensors and control motors.)  And yes, I closed down the lego nxt programing environment before testing.

I tested it with the usb connection and bluetooth and get same result.

The only way i can get it to work is to change the way the lego nxt software handles the mailbox. (as in my pic from earlier thread)

Im guessing it works for you Steven?

Thanks
Nicthegr

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index