Clean limit?
Charles Tomkins from United Kingdom  [13 posts]
16 year
Hi, I was just wondering if there is a maximum number of 'flecks' that can be removed by 'Clean' ?
- It seems to clean only the bottom quarter or third of my image. It is quite a large pic (5.95 Mpixel) with quite a lot of flecks -its colour-filtered plant material.
Fill seems to also do the same thing when I apply it to the negative of the same (B&W) image.

Chas
Anonymous 16 year
Chas,

Yes, there is a limit and that image is definately bigger than what we expected in terms of its usage. If you need those functions (and any others) that have this limit let us know and we'll add that to the list. Should take about a week or so to get those modules updated to accommodate any number of flecks (assuming you've got the memory!).

STeven.
Charles Tomkins from United Kingdom  [13 posts] 16 year
Steven, thank you, I have had a couple of modules crash (choke to death?) on these digital photos, but I think that this is partly because I havent been carefull enough in tidying them up first and I hope that Clean or Fill will help everything downstream. I will see what happens and report back.
Its probably unkind of me to feed these images into Roborealm, but I havent come across any similar software that is as easy to use - and of course, completley free of charge -so a double 'thank you!
Anonymous 16 year
If you can share the images and let us know which modules have issues with them we'd be happy to fix! Let us know what you find.

STeven.
Charles Tomkins from United Kingdom  [13 posts] 16 year
Steven, many thanks for having a go at this. Unfortunately the 'clean' and 'fill' modules now seem to shut roborealm down, when they reach their limit. However I am getting along OK-ish using the median filter and population threshold, before I use fill or clean
Out of interest, my target is the star-shaped object (plant) in the middle of [image1]  

program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index