skin segmentation
Anonymous  [1 posts]
16 year
hello guys. first off I should say roborealm is a god sent app. I can test a lot of vision processing ideas without going through the hassle of programming them.

so, about my question... I'm trying to code a simple skin segmentation (no, not with roborealm, but with a programming language). I tried googling skin segmentation but much of the articles I found are either not publicly viewable or are too complicated for me to understand. If you do google it, there's one by a couple of stanford students; it's in matlab, though, which is not what I want...there's not much explanation to the way their skin segmentation works even though it's open source.

So I'm wondering if any experts here are kind enough to explain a simple skin segmentation algorithm to me. Thank you very much.
Anonymous 16 year
While we don't exactly use the following technique it should illustrate the basics of skin color detection:

http://www.lisif.jussieu.fr/~belaroussi/face_track/theHSplane.htm

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index