D-Link DCS-6300 joystick control
staffert from Canada  [1 posts]
16 year
Has anyone successfully gotten a D-Link DCS-6300 network camera under joystick control?

I am having a tough time modifying the USB missile launcher app to do this as it initially works, then as either too many inputs are generated, or the unit goes beyond a certain point of travel (not sure) it slams itself into the mechanical stops and gets stuck there all the while the video is frozen and I have to about  RR and power down the camera.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Sean

program.robo
Sean Taffert from Canada  [6 posts] 16 year
OK, I've narrowed it down.

Seems that RR is processing joystick commands faster than the camera can accept them. I tried upgrading from a 10 Mb connection to 100 Mb thinking that the link was saturated, but I was wrong. 100 Mb is no better.

Is there any way to slow down the joystick input variable processing without sacrificing the video FPS?

Once the camera & RR go off on a tangent, there is no way of getting the camera back to home position without killing RR in task manager and using the camera web interface to recenter it.

Don't know if this is indicative of a bug, or just my poor (lack thereof) programming skills.

Sean

program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
Sean,

to test that out you could temporarily use the Options->Other dialog to reduce the max processing rate to something like 1 fps. This will slow the entire processing down and allow the camera to get commands at a much slower rate.

Let us know if this technique does solve your issues as something could then be done in the DLink module to slow the sending of data down a little.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index