media reader and direct x 10
Nick Matheos  [17 posts]
16 year
I cant seem to get media reader to work on my windows vista system.

Installed direct x 9.0c and it doesnt seem to be able to find it.

Any ideas?

Nick
Anonymous 16 year

Oh, by the way error code is as follows:

Could not create CLSID_NetShowSource
Do you have Directx9.0 installed?

Anonymous 16 year
What kind of file are you trying to read using the Media Reader? Are you using a URL? What is that URL so that we can test it out.

It appears that something in your install but we'd like to test things further with the media file that you are trying to read to see if we can create a workaround.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Sorry, url not public.  I was reading a asf video stream from a linksys camera.

Nick
Anonymous 16 year
I noticed that this site gives me the same error.

http://204.14.65.135/img/video.asf

Hope this helps
Nick
Anonymous 16 year
Nick,

We've tried that url a couple times over the last days and that website does not appear to be functioning. Do you have any others that cause the same issue?

Thanks,
STeven.
Ace from Malaysia  [5 posts] 12 year
i had a same problem when i try to read a mp4 video stream from a cctv camera.
Anonymous 12 year
Ace,

That sounds like a different issue. Have you instead tried to switch the camera to MJPEG format instead?

STeven.
i've tried switch the camera format from mpeg4 to mjpeg like u suggest. but the problem still the same.
I have change the video format to mjpeg and the error that appears 'Could not create CLSID_NetShowSourse,Do you have DirectX9.0 installed?'

Why this error happen?I have already installed the DirectX9.0 for your information.How to overcome this problem?
Thanks.
Anonymous 12 year
Ace,

From the error it appears that you are using the MediaReader module. I think you probably need to use the Read_HTTP module instead and provide the url to that module that can be used to access the video stream directly.

Or is your camera connected via USB to the computer?

STeven.
I've tried using read_http before but I can't read the video from my camera. For your information I'm using wireless CCTV camera. Is there another way for me to connect my wireless camera to roborealm.

Thanks.
Anonymous 12 year
Just to be clear ... can you use a url to access the camera from a browser? I'm still not sure if the camera is appearing as a directX device or if it is like an IP camera.

Conversely if you could mention the brand/model of the camera that may make it easier for us to investigate what you'd need to connect to it.

STeven.
Yes I can accsess to the camera by using the URL from browser. I'm using TP-Link camera.
Thanks

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index