linux?
charlie from United Kingdom  [9 posts]
17 year
im yet to try it but i want to buy a bunch of cheat webcams off of ebuyer(.com) (£6!!) and hook them upto a linux box for a secutity system.

i was just wondering if you will ever release a linux vertion (or a tutorial for running under WINE) . or will i have to dig out an old win98 cd?

charlie.
Security System
Anonymous
17 year
Hi Charlie,

Unfortunately we have no plans for a Linux release (it is hard enough to keep up with the integration in one platform!) and we don't expect that it will work with the WINE project as the device drivers we interact with for the control modules are very low level and differ from Windows to Linux. So it looks like you may need to dig out an old copy of Windows :-(

Note that there are many image processing packages that do run under Linux ... you can find some of them at http://www.roborealm.com/links/vision_software.php

Also note that we will be adding a "Set Camera" module sometime early next year (yes, that's only 2 weeks away) that will enable you to better switch between installed camera's as right now RoboRealm really only operates with one camera at a time.

Good luck on your project!

STeven.

system requirements
charlie from United Kingdom  [9 posts]
17 year
oops, should have looked at the faq first

what about minimus system reqiurements?
would it run on a 500mhz PII, 128 meg ram (i think...)?

maby you could add it to the FAQ

charlie.
Minimum Requirements
Anonymous
17 year
Done. That has been added to the FAQ.

You should be able to run on a 500mhz PII with 128 Meg ... albeit a little slow for some filters. But if you're just doing color processing it should be just fine.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index