Dream Cheeky USB car
Anonymous from United Kingdom  [99 posts]
16 year
The dream cheeky USB car came today.  I couldn't resist playing with it so there is a brief writeup at:
http://profmason.com/?p=455
It uses the USBHID dll so talking to it should be pretty easy.  Unfortunately it is not so easy that the current dream cheeky module works!  It gives a "Unable to find the Dream Cheeky USB missile Launcher" when the usb car is plugged in.  
When I have time I will try to get the commands that are being sent through the dll.

For $20 this is a pretty cool toy.
have fun!
Anonymous from United Kingdom  [99 posts] 16 year
Ok, so I worked out the details of the driver.

It works as a standard HID device.

The device returns the following information from a info request:

PID 0A81
VID 0702

When the car is in the charger and the car is charging the driver returns:

RD 00 05

When the car is fully charged the driver returns:

RD 00 85

When the car is out of the charger the driver returns nothing.

Writing a 01 to the driver causes the car to go forward (That was a surprise!)

Here is a table with the rest of the commands in HEX

$01 Forward

$02 Right

$20 Left

$04 Backward Right

$08 Backward

$10 Backward Left

$00 STOP!

There are complete details on my page at:
http://profmason.com/?p=460
Anonymous 16 year
profmason,

You were thinking along our lines! We also go the car last week and should have the new module for RoboRealm out shortly. Thanks for the command spec! That seems to correlate what we've started to see.

It is a nice little car. The roof of the car being checkered should be a nice one to track using an overhead camera. We've not tried to stick a NTSC transmitting camera on the actual car just yet but that it should be possible to use the car as a very inexpensive remote teleoperated robot!

Look for this new module early next week!

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
FYI, the DC USB Car module was just launched ...

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index