Picture interpretation
Scott from United States  [1 posts]
16 year
I am trying to make a unique picture display that will have 32 clear tubes of water with solenoid valves attached to the bottom of each tube.  I want to be able to have a camera on the frame and take pictures when a button is pushed then display it in bubbles as they float up.  I am wondering if there is anything in roborealm that I could use to get each pixles value.  I get that I could change it to gray scale then just read the intensity value but I am not sure how I would do this line by line like reading a page of a book.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I ahve included a sample picture
Anonymous 16 year
Scott,

Not sure if you included the right image ... but yes, there should be something in RR that you could use.

How are the bubbles going to display the image? Are they going to be a certain size based on the RGB value of the pixel? Would the image be a 32x??? sized bubble image?

If so you probably want to scale any image down to the bubble image size and then simply use the RGB value of each pixel to alter the bubble display. This can be done in several ways but it is probably better to understand how RR will interact with the solenoids (i.e. is this a serial connection? parallel? controller card?)

STeven.

Anonymous 16 year
"How are the bubbles going to display the image?"
the picture will only be present for a moment in time then it will be reproduced once the last bubbles are out of the tubes.

"Are they going to be a certain size based on the RGB value of the pixel?"
I would convert the image to grayscale then just use the intensity value similar to the new sample picture I posted

"Would the image be a 32x??? sized bubble image? "
It would be 32 pixels wide by the smallest I could get the bubble based on the response time of the solenoid valves.  I am gessing probably 32 x 32

"If so you probably want to scale any image down to the bubble image size and then simply use the RGB value of each pixel to alter the bubble display. This can be done in several ways but it is probably better to understand how RR will interact with the solenoids (i.e. is this a serial connection? parallel? controller card?)"

I will be using a Basic Stamp to control relays for the solenoid valves. So I would invision sending a 32 bytes to the Stamp, for each line of the picture, which would correspond to which solenoids would needed to be fired and for how long.  

So my question become how do I scale down the pictures then read each pixel value?

In the sample Picture I did
Grayscale - R+G+B/3
Surface Plot 2 1

Thanks,

Scott

Anonymous 16 year
Scott,

We just added the ability for the serial module to transmit the current image. Below is an example robofile. Note that the image needs to be smaller than 65K bytes in order to be transmitted. This is not an issue in your case of a 32x32. Note that the image size will be 768 and is sent as a single 0-255 byte value. I assume the BS2 should be able to grab that info and continue from there.

Let us know if you have any issues.

STeven.
program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index