Pan Tilt Camera
Anonymous
16 year
Hi,

I am working on a school project that requires me write a program in C++ to take 360 image of a surround area. So I was wondering if I can use Roborealm for controlling the Pan and titl. Then use the API provided with in the program to retrieve the images ? Thanks

from Spec C
Anonymous 16 year
You might be able to but it will depend on what Pan/Tilt camera you are using?

Receiving the images via the API and C++ shouldn't be an issue.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
I am considering the new Logitech Orbit AF. I know it will work on the Orbit MP just want to make sure the AF will work with this program. if I where to run the webcam on my laptop would I be able to call functions directly from the API without the networking setting. I am going to run everything locally so I wont need the networking API for sure.  Thanks for your help
Anonymous 16 year
I forgot to ask you one more thing. the Logitech orbit has a 2MP image sensor. Would I actually get a 2 MP image through the program ? or will it be a scaled down version? Thanks
Anonymous 16 year
You should be ok with the 2MP resolution at 1280x960 but not at its stated full resolution of 1600x1200 which will be reduced to 1280x960. We are looking to expand RR support to the 1600x1200 range but need to review memory resources in doing so. We expect that to be added in a couple weeks.

Unfortunately, we have not tested the control system with this camera and as we know they changed enough from the non-MP version to the MP version to not make things work it is most likely that they have done the same with the AF version. You will not know if it works until you actually try it out.

There is, however, a chance that we can get it to work regardless but that cannot be assured until more tests are done with that camera. They had changed the GUID from one version to the next version. Sometimes that is all that is required in order to connect to a newer model. We can show you how to get us that information.

Also note that even if you plan to run everything locally the API only works through socket connections. On a local machine the packets will never reach the actual network but will still be required in order to communicate between RR and any external application.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index