Bayer Filter
Anonymous
16 year
More bizzarely, I can't get the circles filter to pick up the ball in this image
Anonymous 16 year
Ian,

The problem is the way the pixels are arranged. Since the pixels are interleaved with black pixels that is throwing off the edge detection in creating a nice neat line.

You can get around this issue by blurring the image slightly. A mean blur of 6 seems to do this ok. Alternatively you can use the Gaussian blur already in the Canny edge detection to do the same thing. Included below is a robofile that very nicely identifies the circle with a very high threshold.

If you run this file and drag your image into RR you should see the same thing.

STeven.

program.robo
Bayer Filter
Anonymous
16 year
Ian,

is the image below an approximation of the colors seen in the above image?

We're testing out the Bayer filter and not sure what the original should really look like. If it is very different can you include an image of the full color version? Also, the above image seems to be rotated incorrectly. Is the one below the correct orientation?

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Or is it more like #2 ...
Anonymous 16 year
Interesting. I'll have a go on monday with the blurring.  

In the photo, the floor is painted matt black and the ball is orange though. I can take some more pictures with the camera with more colours in if you would like.

Thanks for the interest.
Anonymous 16 year
Yes, more pictures of solid colors like red, green or blue would be helpful. It doesn't appear to follow a completely Bayer layout .. unless we are confusing the interlacing with bad quality. More images will help to make that more clear.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
I took 2 images from roughly the same position. The disks are green orange and yellow. Sorry about the colour quality!

Anonymous 16 year
Hi, in addition to this, would the pictures we provide serve you better if thy were pngs?

I was also thinking bitmaps, but you don't provide an upload scheme for these.

Anonymous 16 year
Ian,

We just launched the Bayer module that you should try with your images. Due to the JPEG compression the images you sent where not quite right. We did find a couple images on TheImagingSource which helped us test the Bayer module. It appears to work well on those images.

Can you try the module on your images and help us by providing two additional images: 1. the raw Bayer image (in JPG format is ok) and 2. the result of the Bayer module (also in JPG format). The reason is that we'd like to include those two images in the Bayer filter documentation page as an example (thus it is ok to have the Bayer image in JPG format again.)

If this does not work can you provide you images above in PNG format? That should not have the same lossey compression issue as JPG does.

Thanks,
STeven.
Bayer documentation samples
Anonymous
16 year
Hi STeven,

This is absolutely what we needed. Thankyou ever so much for looking into this for us and for going ahead and producing it.

You may also like to mention in the documentation that the bayer only seems to work if the image is flipped to the right orientation (i.e flip horizontal etc etc) as this is what we found out today :)

Attached are the two jpgs for your use in documentation.

Best regards

Ian R

Anonymous 16 year
Ian,

Good to hear that it worked. Thanks for the images, they have been added to the documentation.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index