Mouse Click
Anonymous  [3 posts]
16 year
I have been researching on this issue but I can't seem to find a solution. I have a blue LED which I use to control my mouse by moving it on top of a glass surface with my webcam at the bottom. It works perfectly (and accurately), but the only problem is I do not know how to incorporate the mouse click. This would be an excellent tool to replace a drawing tablet for a small price. I can do any modification to my LED or add another LED if necessary, however, I do not know much about programming. It would be of great help if you could provide me with a tool to achieve what I intend to do. I have tried setting the "ButtonStatus" to any of the options but then it seems to keep the left mouse button clicked the whole time, which produces strange results when trying to draw on MSPaint -- It produces discontinuous lines. Besides, anything you move your mouse button to will be clicked, which messes up everything.

Any response, idea or comment will be greatly appreciated. I am attaching the .robo I am using.
program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
How are you indicating a mouse click? Using the real mouse or through some signaling of the LED? Or are you thinking of using another LED as the mouse but without the button depressed? I.e. red LED = mouse move, green LED = mouse move with button down.

The buttonstatus will have to be a variable that turns on and off in order to simulate a button press. Thus the variable should be set only momentarily (unless you want to drag the mouse).

STeven.
Anonymous  [3 posts] 16 year
Hey there,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Your idea about using two different LEDs (one for movement and the other one for click) sounds great. Could you perhaps instruct me on how to accomplish this function? i.e. How to set the variables so that it recognizes both colors and performs a different function for each. Or if you have the time, a .robo of it would be amazing.

Many thanks in advance.
Anonymous 16 year

Are you able to construct a device with two LEDs? If so can you send an image with both on and then one off and we'll send you back a robofile that does the trick. The reason for the image is that some LEDs combined with cameras do not produce exactly the color you'd expect so its best to work with the actual image that the combination of LED and camera will produce.

STeven.
Anonymous  [3 posts] 16 year
I can construct it but not right now. If it is necessary to have it soon, I will try to work on it, but if you can send it to me and tell me which variables I have to modify to get the colors right I think I could make it work. This way your troubles would be over.

Thank you so much for your time.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index