SRV Comport
Michael  [2 posts]
16 year
Hello!
The SRV program that I installed was unable to initialize the comport. What can I do to solve the problem?

Thank you
Anonymous 16 year
Michael,

Which com port did you try to connect to? We just retested the SRV-1 on the latest version and everything seems fine. Whenever we connect the SRV-1 usb to the computer it gets a high com port .. normally well above 4. Did you install the needed drivers for the usb mentioned on

http://www.surveyor.com/srvdownload/index.html

Do you get this issue using the Java based software provided with the SRV-1?

STeven.
SRV Comport
Michael  [2 posts]
16 year
Thanks STeven for your reply.

I have got the correct drivers installed for the usb. When I run the roborealm program for the SRV through wireless the drop down menu shows comport 4(not higher!!). When I select this option, I get a message telling me that it couldn't initialize comport. Then after sending signals to and fro through the hyperterminal just to check if my zigbee modules were working correctly, I discovered that they had problems. I couldn't send the whole string when I tried to. Some characters wouldn't be transferred. When I connected the PC with a serial port and now I had the SRV on comport 1, I could run the Java console that comes with the SRV bundle. So I tried to use comport 1 to run roborealm but still was not able to initialize the comport by the program. Can I use direct connect for the program without doing the wireless! Am I making a mistake anywhere. Please advise.

Thanks a lot for all your help.
Anonymous 16 year
Michael,

We found and corrected a problem surrounding the connection to the SRV-1 on some machines. Can you try downloading v1.8.0.0 and see if that fix solves your problem?

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index