Python scripts
Anonymous
16 year
Can RR be used with Python scripts for an autonomous robot? I don't see any python extensions in the extensions module, like there's an extension for VB, but I know python can be used somehow with RR...

Can someone please fill me in? Thanks.
Anonymous 16 year
Are you sure that you are looking for extensions in Python or the API? The API controls RoboRealm whereas Extensions are used to extend RoboRealm with your own custom filters. The API does have a python example.

We actually did try in python to write an extension and succeeded but the processing was so slow that the program essentially become inoperable ... thus we did not continue with that development.

What is it you are trying to do in python?

STeven.
Extensions
Anonymous
16 year
What I'm trying to do is use python in my robot, so what data it takes from roborealm can control its other parts, like motors, servos and speakers. I'd like my robot to have a Linux O.S. for faster processing--using a windows O.S. to handle Roborealm, of course. My robot will run both O.S. via virtual machine. Since I cannot use an extension like VB in Linux because VB is completely for Windows, I'd like to use Python, since its multiplatform.

But, if there's no Python extension...

Anyone have any tips? How else could I do this?

Thanks.
Anonymous 16 year
Based on your description on what you want to do you should look at the API examples which include a python example. You do NOT want to use the Extensions.

There are two ways to interface to RoboRealm. Extensions and the API. Extensions allow you to add new filters (like mean, median, etc) to RoboRealm. The API allows you to grab information and control the function of the program as you describe.

Have a look at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/API.php

and ignore any links to the Extensions ...

STeven.
Oooohhhh...
Anonymous
16 year
Whoa! I get it now! Yeah. This is the information I'm looking for. Thanx a bunch, STeven!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index