API in C++
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts]
17 year
I seem to have some issues with accessing the RR API server with c++. I don't understand why the main.cpp doesn't compile.
Please help me out with this issue.
Thanks,
Sudzzz
Anonymous 17 year
Sudzzz,

Can you post the error message that the compiler is returning when you attempt to compile the API? I assume you are using VC++6.0?

STeven.
Fatal error c1083
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts]
17 year
Hi,
I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and the error reads c1083 fatal error.

Compiling...
main.cpp
d:\up\roborealm\api\c++\main.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
RR_API.cpp
d:\up\roborealm\api\c++\rr_api.h(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\UP\RoboRealm\API\C++\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
API - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I thought that most header files come along with the program so I don't know why this error happens. When I manually add the header file it gives me another error with another header requirement.
Please tell me if there's anything I can do.
Thanks,
Sudzzz
Anonymous 17 year
Sudzzz,

It will not compile correctly using Visual C++ 2005 as that compiler does not include the Windows SDK that has all the include files. You will have to download the SDK from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

and once installed update your C++ compiler to include those folders when compiling.

If you search for this issue using Google you'll find it is a common problem with many folks.

STeven.
Windows/Platform SDK
Anonymous
17 year
You can also still use the Platform SDK which is basically an old version of Windows SDK.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index