Roborealm and MATLAB
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts]
17 year
Hi,
Is there a way to acquire the output video feed of RoboRealm (after certain specific functions performed by RR) into MATLAB?
Thanks,
Sudzzz
Anonymous 17 year
Sudzzz,

are you familiar with the MEX functionality of Matlab? This is similar to plugins in most other systems. Using MEX you can create a MatLab module to connect to RoboRealm using the API. Let us know if you'd like to attempt this connection and we can help you with that code.

STeven.
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts] 17 year
Thanks for replying promptly,
It would be really helpful if you could describe elaborately how to access roborealm through matlab with the help of MEX functions.
THanks,
Sudzzz
Roborealm and MATLAB
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts]
17 year
Hi Steven,
I realize that your work is extremely hectic, but I would really appreciate if you could get back to me on how to write MEX functions in MATLAB as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Sudzzz
from Australia  [87 posts] 17 year
I think that that's a great idea, if it's possible to use Matlab. I would be really interested in such a possibility, as that would allow me to implement Fuzzy Logic Control in conjuction with image processing.

Cheers,
Nemanya
Anonymous 17 year
Sudzzz,

Actually that's what we're hoping we could get from you! We don't own a copy of MATLab (too expensive) and therefore cannot test/research/understand how to write a MEX function that would work with MATLab. We may be able to provide you with what we think might run in MATLab but that would only be a guess based on other MEX code that can be found doing a websearch. Thus, if you are comfortable with C code, know enough about the MEX functions in MatLab to test them out and are willing to do some bug checking/error finding then it would make sense for us to move forward.

Or if anyone else reading this forum would be up to that task we can help you out with regards to the RoboRealm communication (See the C++ API example).

STeven.
from Australia  [87 posts] 17 year
Hi Steven,

I will look much more into MEX functions in MATLAB this week and try to figure it out as much as possible. C code is not a problem at all. If you have any advice or ideas along the way, let me know, as I haven't looked much into API.

I'm keen to get the MATLAB - RR interface happening.

Cheers,
Nemanya
Anonymous 17 year
Great!
Thanks a lot you guys. Could you update the forum on this particular topic because I will be extremely interested in knowing how to do this.
Thanks once again.
Sudzzz
Sudzzz from United States  [17 posts] 17 year
I've used MATLAB's engine library to send data to MATLAB from C++ commands. This way I can access RR's API with C++ and send the data to MATLAB quite easily. If MEX functions prove to be more efficient and better I sure hope ppl post a reply on 'how to'.

The link that helped me figure out how to use Matlab's Engine library is up on my blog.
http://sudeeppillai.blogspot.com
(Look for 'MATLAB for C/C++ Programmers' under 'Finally.. MATLAB & C++ - Unleashing their powers')
I too am trying to interface MATLAB!
xheavenlyx from United Arab Emirates  [1 posts]
17 year
I am actually trying to interface RR to MATLAB and then to parallax BS2 from within matlab.

Note that I have been successful in connecting MATLAB and BS2 however, MATLAB and RR in tcpip and another extension till now has been unsuccessful!!

So for now, I will too try the MEX thing and then get my hands dirty in C/API which I am a little uncomfortable with.

As soon as I get to know something, I will let you guys know! I will post the progress here or on my blog (address of blog later..)

And most important Q, why cant I access the data from RR's server extension from matlab tcpip on localhost machine (same comp)?
Wharyadoin from Canada  [1 posts] 16 year
Is there any update on getting Matlab working with Roborealm? When I use the virtual webcam driver in the Image Aquisition Toolbox in Matlab, for some odd reason the only supported resolution is 1280 x 960, resulting in a framerate of < 1 fps. Does anybody know how to fix this or know of any other way to get my Roborealm output work as an input for Matlab?
mehdi from Iran  [32 posts] 16 year
hi!
i could connect matlab to rr!
i will upload this mfile in this forum.
the full help is written in this mfile.
for any question,send apost in this forum!
have fun!
note!
first download this file,then rename it to rr.m
then copy it to matlab work!
mehdi from Iran  [32 posts] 16 year
hi!
the file of pervios post is here!
download and follow pervious post!
have fun!
program.robo
Unnati Ojha from Nepal  [1 posts] 15 year
You need the instrument control toolbox in your version of matlab in order to use this code. You can check if you have the instrument control toolbox using the 'ver' command in the Matlab command window.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index