Image Compare
Bob Simmons from United States  [17 posts]
8 year
Steven,

I thought Image Matching was going to work for me - but it does not.  I was trying to compare 2 images to see if they were virtually the same.  Image Matching couldn't pick up the detail I need.  I am developing a circuit board inspection system and I want to compare golden board images (known good board) to the board being inspected. The screw in the test image is way exaggerated for the types of things I'm looking for, but it demonstrates what I'm trying to do...   Do you have any suggestions.  

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Bob,

Yea, the image matching is really built for general comparisons .. completely NOT what you are looking for. What you are looking for is the align image module built to do exactly what you are looking for. See the attached. You will have to load in the golden template image in the first line (load_image) and then drag in the bad part. There are various modes in that module that you can use to see the differences between the two images. That will work much better.

Tested on your two images ... seems to work great.

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Align_Image.php

STeven.

program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index