data base
Anonymous
17 year
is it possible tht we make a folder  which contains pre shot images of a complex object sch as a chair,
thn  plc a chair in tyhe field of web cam and use image match to see if it matches with any of the taken pics.. will this wrk...or is thr any othr way... help me out!!!!!!
Anonymous 17 year
Yes, you can try the image match feature but you would need to be careful of the background of the image. The image match (as apposed to object match) uses the entire image including the background to match against a previous image. Thus, to use it for object recognition you would need to have the object against a very planar single colored background (black would be good) and then show the object again in that environment. For general use this is not acceptable and thus we're working on generic object recognition that does not require this setup, but that is many weeks away from being launched.

The other possibility is to recognize objects based on other attributes such as color or silhouette shape. Again, knowing more about what objects (i.e. include an image) you are trying to recognize would help determine the technique.

STeven.
how!!
Anonymous
17 year
hey.. thnks fr the reply.. wat other ways do i have to recognise objects..  mean what modules shd i use... i mean thr shd b a base we can chk with ya?????how can we do tht....help me ot!!!
srry fr writting twice
Anonymous
17 year
well shape match wrks only with... black and white object hw can we recognise a colored object...
Anonymous 17 year
The modules to use depends on what you are trying to recognize. We don't have a generic object recognition module just yet.

To recognize colored objects you can have a look at some of the tutorials that cover that topic. Basically you detect the color using the RGB_Filter or Color_Filter and then use the Center of gravity module to tell you if there is enough pixels still set to indicate the presence of the object.

You can also segment a colored object into a black and white object to be used in shape matching. Again, use the color modules to detect just one color, then threshold that result to get a black and white image.

Have a look at http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?forum_id=1190 for an example of how that can be done.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index