Low cost robots
Anonymous
17 year
Ok, now that I have the servos and the web interacting fairly well on my laptop telepresence bot, I was considering different methods for the user to hit a button that says "go to the kitchen" or "go to the livingroom" and have the robot do so.  I think I can figure out how to make it follow a path to these places (different colored electrical tape for different paths or even go to different colored landmarks)  But I would like to improve my object avoidance sincce right now I have momentary switches hooked to the limit switches on the motor controller.  The sonar sensors seem cool and not too expensive for just the component, but it seems like it is a lot of work to turn this data into a variable useful to roborealm.  Right now my laptop hooks directly to the servo controller without a microcontroller.  I am unsure how one would go about getting useful data from the sensor but it seems like there should be an easier way than spending $100 on a basic stamp and learning all of it's programming.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks
Low cost robots
DanielC from United States  [6 posts]
17 year
How about trying the Parallax propeller module $25.00 and use the objects
created by other users for interfacing with sensors. I am planning a project based on this concept.
DanielC
grindel  [5 posts] 17 year
Sorry for my ignorance, is it trivial to get the variable set in the propellor chip into roborealm assuming I got the Propellor proto board and the prop plug USB interface.

Also, thanks to whoever changed the subject to something intelligent.
anyone?
Anonymous
17 year
Surely someone is getting information from the micro controller into roborealm.  Or perhaps you are making position requests through roborealm and then having the microcontroller double check or adjust the path before it turns on the motors?
Anonymous 17 year
ok, I just read the write up on the boebot on the main page...it appears that whiskers are doing exactly what I am asking...other than the size of the object being transfered.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index