Accessing video digitizer
Michael from Canada  [9 posts]
17 year
Hello:

I have one of the 2.4GHz wireless video cameras that is connected to the ADS Tech DVDxpress digitizer. When I open Roborealm it complains that it does not see any VFS drivers, and asks if the camera is plugged in. This does not happen everytime I start Roborealm. When I go to set a source using the Option button the ADS device is listed but I get this error:
Cannot connect to 'ADS Instant DVD' Err Code: (RENDER_STREAM) Is your video camera/device plugged in?

I have confirmed that the camera is working as I get an image when I use the device's own software. I thought that when the software was installing that it did install the DirectX drivers.

Do I have the wrong type of video digitizer? Is there something I can do to get RoboRealm to see the video digitizer?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Mike,
Anonymous 17 year
Michael,

There are normally some problems when using DVD type encodings ... or DivX encoders as most vendors do not seem to provide DivX DirectX drivers. In your case it appears that DirectX is being detected but when finally trying to render the decoding stream that call fails. The reason this fails can be for a number of reasons.

1. Ensure that no other programs that are accessing the device are running. This includes any monitoring/recording programs running in the background.

2. The vendor may have a bad driver. Check with their site to see if a new directshow/directx driver is available for download. Their software will most likely access the hardware directly and not through windows drivers.

3. RoboRealm may be doing something wrong in the rendering process. Can you check if AMCap (a small freely available capture program that uses DirectX) works with your card or does it also report an error?

Thanks,
STeven.
Info from ADS Tech website
Anonymous
17 year
Hello Steven:

I found this on the ADS Website:

I am unable to capture video using Ulead Video Studio. I get the error message “Either no video capt
Q.     I am unable to capture video using Ulead Video Studio. I get the error message “Either no video capture driver is installed in this system, or no device is connected”
Ans.     Ulead Video Studio 7 users:
Click on File --> Change Capture Plug-in… --> select ADS Instant DVD USB2 Capture Plug-in from the drop-down menu --> click OK to confirm changes

Ulead Video Studio 8 users:
Click on Tools --> Change Capture Plug-in… --> select ADS Instant DVD USB2 Capture Plug-in from the drop-down menu --> click OK to confirm changes

Does this help?

Mike,
Michael from Canada  [9 posts] 17 year
Hello Steven:

I have tried to use AMCap but I get this error:

Unable to render the video preview stream.
The parameter is incorrect.
(0x80070057 / 10936)

I also tried installing the latest Directx drives but that also did not help. I have sent an email to www.ADStech.com to see if they have some drivers that will help.

Thank you for all your help.
Mike,
Anonymous 17 year
Mike,

Thanks for the follow up!

The AMCap error is the same one you got using RoboRealm. Since you have two separate programs that are error when trying the capture device I think the problem may be in the drivers. Hopefully you get some response from ADStech as they should probably be aware of this issue.

Let us know if you get this issue resolved.

STeven.
Hello Steven:

The reply I got back says that they have only tested this product with the software supplied. No mention of directshow / directx drivers. So for now the issue is unresolved.

Mike,
Anonymous 17 year
Mike,

I'm not sure I understand their reply. When you mention "this product" which product are you talking about? I assume by "supplied software" means their software they provide with the capture card? Or are they referring to AMCap?

Thanks,
STeven.
Hello Steven:

I believe the software they are referring to is the software that came with the DVDxpress video digitizer. Which is capture software, video editing software, and CD/DVD burning software.

Mike,
Anonymous 17 year
Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately since they only tested it with their software there is probably something they are doing differently than what is normally expected in DirectShow configuration. At this point unless you have access to their driver source you are probably out of luck in using that capture card with any software other than what they provide. :-(

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index