Basler Camera Scan Area Setting
Amardeep Babrah from United Kingdom  [1 posts]
2 year
In GeniCam module, I can not set area scan larger than 500 x 500.

I am using Basler ACA2440-20GC  GIGe network camera. It works fine with Basler Pylon Viewer.

I have configured camera in "Pylon Viewer", where I set Pixel Format to "Mono8" and saved settings to "UserSet1" and camera set to use "UserSet1" on startup.

Log File and screen shot of GenICam "Source" tab is attached.

Could please tell me how I can Increase resolution to 2040 x 2040?

Thanks

Amar
Robo Realm GeniCAM.zip
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 2 year
Amar,

What happens when you try to increase the image dimensions beyond 500 on that interface? Do you get an error? Or does it just seem to ignore the new setting?

If not, there might be a configuration issue. Can you copy the "Raw XML" tab and paste it here in the forum or attach it as a file?

STeven.
And anything in the Log tab would be helpful too.
Amardeep from United Kingdom  [2 posts] 2 year
When I change size above 500 then roborealm camera view window goes blank . and image fail count start to increase. I will send upload xml and log file later today.
Anonymous 2 year
Hi Steven,

Have you had chance to review XMl file?

I am still struggling to use Genicam module with increased resolution.

Amar
Amar,

sorry, we didn't see your XML post since it was so large it failed to alert us of your post. I had expected you to add it as an attachment. I've since deleted that post (but kept the XML) to avoid the long scrolling needed for this particular thread.

It seems that the XML configuration doesn't include the supported sizes that the camera likes (a bit unfortunate). This is why 500x500 probably doesn't work (although why an error is not reported is another question) so as you found out you will need to only test expected resolutions. For the Basler ACA2440-20GC I would try 2448 x 2048 as the max resolution and then crop it (using the crop module) to 2040 x 2040 if you need that exact image size. If you stick with the powers of 2 those might be other good resolutions like 640x480, 1024x768, 2048x1536, etc. that work.

Mainly, if you see a black screen, then you know the camera doesn't support that resolution.

STeven.

Amardeep Babrah from United Kingdom  [6 posts] 2 year
Hi Steven,

Based upon your recommendation I setup scan area to 2448 x 2048 and its worked. But another is delay updating screen. Roborealm screen does not update quickly, It takes about 6 seconds.. I am using frame rate 5 hz.

Thanks

Amar
Hi Steven,

I have tried 648 x 480 size, there is no delay. when I increase size delay becomes larger

Amar
Any Advice on above? Because this delay is causing huge issues in my application.
Amar,

Double check the actual camera speed by unchecking the Run button to ensure you are not running any modules while you check the speed. If you are not running anything then check that the Options button->Other tab->Max Processing FTP is set to something higher than 5.

Also, have you read about Jumbo packets on

http://www.roborealm.com/help/GenICam.php

This *might* help but as we don't have your exact setup we can only guess at what the problem might be. As you find that smaller sizes work it can be a data transfer limitation (i.e. bandwidth issue) or might be a CPU processing issue (is your CPU maxed out for some reason?) or could be any number of other factors that are causing slow bandwidth.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index