Texture marching
from United States  [1 posts]
6 year
Hey there, just downloaded the trial and I'm loving it so far...I wanted to train roborealm with different pictures of 3D printed surfaces then have it detect what kind of surface it was looking at. Iwould the image matching module work for this or is there a better way to go about this

Thanks
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 6 year
Frederick,

It will largely depend on the image that you are using. Certainly if color is a significant part of the image then the image matching module will work well on that. Can you post a couple of the types of images you expect to detect?

Thanks,
STeven.
Frederick Macklin from United States  [4 posts] 6 year
Thanks for replying STeven..Im trying to detect the surface on a 3D printed object and categorize how smooth the print is..here are a couple examples of a smooth print after sanding and a rough print right off the print bed.

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 6 year
Frederick,

You can quantify that using an edge detector. See attached, 60K versus 200K as a numerical difference between the two images ... seems like a good difference just using a simple edge detector.

Have you tried using Acetone instead of sanding? Bit more toxic than sanding but if you can build a safe container to expose the prints to that you can get much better results.

STeven.

program.robo
Frederick Macklin from United States  [4 posts] 6 year
thanks STeven, that works for me...I have tried acetone, I wanted a quick experiment for Roborealm so I went with sanding.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index