Automatic Start Up
sandy currie from United States  [9 posts]
7 year
I have configured Roborealm (RR) to start up automatically upon boot-up in full screen running my applicatation.  What happens is RR does start but the application develop window comes up with a blank screen and nothing appears to be working.  No buttons work, the windows interface does not seem to interact with the application.  It appears to be frozen.  However if I hit the escape key, the application then appears and looks like it has been running the entire time as evidenced by the frame counter displayed on the graphic.  It there some configuration that I am missing?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
What OS are you testing on?

It sounds like the full screen might just be covering the current interface which is why the buttons do not work but the data is just not updating so you don't see the window change.

The full screen does use DirectX to draw the data so its possible that you either might have an older version or one that isn't quite working. Given the OS we can try to replicate and see if its an OS specific issue.

Thanks,
STeven.
sandy currie from United States  [9 posts] 7 year
I am not at the computer right now but I am pretty sure that it is running windows 10 home edition.  I believe it is running the most current version 2.83.?

When I ran it tonight it was doing the same thing.  The Roborealm application was on the screen, it showed running, it was not responsive to any keyboard or mice commands, the video portion of the application was all white.  I hit the escape button and the video from the camera came up and it was running the application and the frame counter indicated it had been running for a white.

I can send the .robe file to you and try to take a video if what is happening with my cell phone if that would help.  I would probably need some other way to send the video to you as the forum would probably not accept the file size.

Please let me know what you would like.

Thanks,
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Sandy,

I think we have a good idea on what the symptoms are. It sounds like the full screen mode is enabled (thus the lack of mouse command and keyboard commands except escape) but so far we've not been able to replicate the issue. Can you answer the following:

1. Are you running more than one screen? I.e. an attached monitor to a laptop?

2. When you exit RR after this and restart does the correct full screen mode get enabled and run? I.e. is this issue just during boot up or do you see the same behavior even after taking control of your computer and restart RR manually?

3. Can you try untoggling the camera button (so the video stops) and instead load in an image. Then exit and reboot your system. Do you see that loaded image or the same results as before?

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index