Serial Communication Arduino Uno
from Malaysia  [14 posts]
7 year
Hi, good days. im unable to perform serial communication to arduino. i attach robo file and arduino source code for your reference.

Overview problem :
My robo file is set to detect the blue ball which is divide by line to define the conditon state of ball which is ball in UP or ball in DOWN condition. If ball are in UP condition, the roborealm should send serial integer '1' to arduino and send '0' to arduino in serial communication.

Thanks for advance

ball_vision.zip
program.robo
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Muhammad,

You would need some sort of communication module. In this case I added a serial module that will transmit a binary 1 or 0 depending on the ball state. Note, you will have to update your Arduino sketch to use 1 and 0 instead of '1' and '0' which is 49 and 48 binary.

You will also have to update the serial module (last module in robofile) to your correct COM port.

STeven.

program.robo
from Malaysia  [14 posts] 7 year
thanks for help,

when i use the sparkfun_uno, the roborealm program start crash . it keep crash when i try to load the sparkfun_uno . or something that i missed step to configure the roborealm program ?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
What version of RoboRealm are you using?

If RoboRealm is crashing, you should be getting a crash report that it requests to send the next time you start RoboRealm. Can you send us those when they happen? We *DO* look at them and review/fix issues on a daily basis.

Otherwise, if it is crashing without any report the error is in your Arduino COM port drivers. I've checked the board using both Mega and Arduino modules and they work as expected so the software is functioning as it should. I would recommend reinstalling the Arduino drivers and upgrading RoboRealm to the latest version to ensure you have all the current fixes.

STeven.
from Malaysia  [14 posts] 7 year
Thanks, im using the beta version roborealm (64bit). Now, im download new using 32bit version and no software crash happen again. Thanks steven for help .

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index