numbers vs strings
Mal from United States  [3 posts]
7 year
I am trying to control motors with a microbasic ARC32. The problem is when I send wheel speed info over serial, RR sends strings not actual numbers. The ARC 32 has no syntax to convert the string values to actual number values. Is there a way to make RR send numbers instead of strings. If not then do you have any suggestions. I need to verify I can do this before I purchase RR. Thanks
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Mal,

Yes, instead of

[IMAGE_COUNT]

in the send field use

\[IMAGE_COUNT]

for a single byte number from 0 to 255 and

\[IMAGE_COUNT]

for a two byte number. You can read about this (linked from the Serial module documentation at)

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Text_Formats.php

STeven.
Mal from United States  [3 posts] 7 year
Thank you Steven. Actually I found the solution to my problem. The ARC32 language actually does have a command to input strings as numerical values. I just couldn't see it although it was right under my nose. I had tried it but didn't realize that it had to be in all capitals to work...and stupid me was using lower case. Oh well, it's all a challenge and learning lesson.
Mal

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index