Net Framework Data Provider
Lev from Russia  [11 posts]
7 year
Dear STeven,

What is a syntax of the connection string  supported in SQL_Interface module? Only ODBC or standard Net Framework Data Provider.
For example I need to connect to database of Microsoft SQL Compact.

The standard connection string looks like this: Data Source=MyData.sdf;Persist Security Info=False;

MyData.sdf is a database.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Lev,

That module uses the SQLDriverConnect Function provided by Microsoft documented at

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms715433(v=vs.85).aspx

which gets into the format of the connection string. If you have a particular database in mind let me know.

Some examples that we tested at the time one per line (note posting might cause syntax changes so use these examples as guides):

pass@localhost:port/my_db" target="_blank">mysql://john:pass@localhost:port/my_db
test@localhost:3306/test" target="_blank">mysql://root:test@localhost:3306/test
Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver};Server=localhost;Database=test;User=root;Password=test
Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver};Server=localhost;Database=myDataBase;User=myUsername;Password=myPassword;
Provider=MSDASQL;Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=127.0.0.1;Port=3306;Database=test;Uid=root;Pwd=test;
Data Source=(local)\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=true
Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=true
"DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=localhost, 1433;DATABASE=MyDatabase;UID=sa;PWD=1234;"
Server=(localdb)\v11.0;Integrated Security=true;

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index