Cal & Thickness Probe
BE from United States  [12 posts]
7 year
The attached robofile illustrates two odd behaviors.

1) The auto calibration will not work on the original grid image.  However, if
I rotate the grid image 5 degrees, then calibration works.

2) I can't find a way to access the results of two thickness probes.  The last thickness probe "takes over" the output variable array PROBED_THICKNESS and I can never access the variables for the first thickness probe.  Try commenting out the second thickness probe and observe the results.
program.robo
Anonymous 7 year
I now understand item #2.  My confusion comes from the behavior of the display text module, not the thickness probe.  I thought display text was more static and was updated only when I called the module.  I now have desired behavior by saving the results of the first thickness probe to a user defined variable then displaying that user variable.

I am still puzzled by #1 and I find that it occurs for multiple calibration images.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
BE,

You are correct with #2. Other modules need the same treatment if used multiple times, i.e. assign your own variable using the Set_Variable module to the result and then reuse the module again ... otherwise the previous result gets overwritten.

For #1, that was puzzling. The image used had triggered a very specific condition that caused the grid not to be processed correctly. It was detecting the grid point but failing to understand how those points connected correctly. When rotating the image that changed the results just enough to avoid this error condition.

This has now been fixed. You can download the latest version and not have to rotate anymore before calibration.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index