PCB Screw Holes
Hi STeven from Brazil  [6 posts]
7 year
Hello!

I am completely new to the world of vision systems and need your help.

I have a project for a desktop robot, for which it will be necessary to identify the screw holes on different types of LED PCB Boards (round, rectangular, etc)

Besides identifying the screw holes, I will need to count them, assign individual ID's for each one of them and finally, extracting the x.y coordinates of each screw hole that has been found.

Any ideas on what would be the ideal pipeline for such application?

Best Regards!

Alex

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 7 year
Attached is one way to do it. Note that the coordinates are in the BLOBS array created by the Blob Filter module.

STeven.
program.robo
Hi STeven from Brazil  [6 posts] 7 year
Thanks for help.  It seems that you program is recognizing other elements than the holes themselves.
As a matter of fact, I need only the screw holes to be identified and have their information displayed.
I have attached a pipeline I have build myself...could you please take a look at it/
program.robo
Are you seeing the attached? If not, you might need to upgrade. Its finding 5 objects ... I think they are all holes.

I don't think you need to go as far as blob_inspection ... that's a bit overkill for just detecting circles. But if it works for you then go for it!

STeven.

Hi ST!

No, I am definetely not getting that image.  What do you mean by upgrade?  i just downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago...
By upgrade, I mean just download the app again using the same link as before and install over your current installation. I will typically be using the latest version (for testing purposes too) so sometimes I end up using something that isn't available in previous versions (and yes that can be just a couple days old).

You can also load in the robofile and select each line in the pipeline individually to follow along what each module does. What image do you see at the end/last module?

STeven.
Hi STeven!

This is what I am getting as image at the last module.

Looks like the middle module Blob_Filter isn't doing its job. Can you try downloading the latest version and ensure that most of the image gets removed?

Its also possible that you done have a Blob_Filter as the second module ... then you really have an older version.

STeven.
Hi STeven,

But i have just downloaded and installed a new version 10 min ago...
There was an issue with your system using a comma ',' instead of a period '.' to delineate a decimal number. The probably is with the blob filter routine not understanding my usage of 0.5 instead of 0,5. You can either download the latest version that fixes this or change these values manually in the Blob Filter to use a comma instead of a period.

STeven.
Anonymous 7 year
Thanks a lot STeven!  Now it works.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index