Can't change image format
Anonymous
8 year
Hello,

I am using DFK ECU010-M12 camera. In the camera property, options are given either MJPG or YUY2.

Roborealm gives the error message and causes problems when choosing MJPG so I am trying to use YUY2 format and YUY2 doesn't cause any problems.

I can't set the format through API rr.SetCameraFormat(640, 480, 30, "YUY2") even though all other parameters (other than YUY2) are accepted.
Even adding Roboream's Camera property in the pipeline, Roborealm doesn't change to YUY2.

Why cant rr accept image format change?

Thank you.

Steven Gentner from United States  [273 posts] 8 year
Alec,

The reason is probably due to the DFK drivers. When you use Options->Video->Video Format button you are actually interfacing with the Driver configuration pages which is why that works. When you use the Camera Properties module or the API we attempt to communicate with those drivers to change the format ... but sometimes that just doesn't work (not much we can do about that).

However, the error you are getting from the MPEG format was one that we fixed (by injecting needed tables) that will be fixed in the latest versions of RR. Can you confirm that you are using the most recent version or if not download and see if the MPEG version is better?

Thanks.
STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
I believe I am using the latest version of Roborealm 2.80.6 and driver for the camera but still getting the error message (as shown in the picture)...

Thanks.

Seems like you are running the most recent version. There is probably another problem with this particular Jpeg image that the DFK camera creates that is not compatible with Windows (or at least the GDI functions we are using).

To investigate this issue further, can you download the latest version (just uploaded) which will instead present you with the ability to email us the raw Jpeg data so that we can review where in the decoding process it is failing.

While this seems a lot more complicated that dealing with the SetFormat issue it is actually easier since we control more of the Jpeg decoding process than how camera drivers work.

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
Hello,

When I click yes, the program seems to freeze...

Thank you.

It will attempt to send that file to us in the background so it will open up a connection back to www.roborealm.com. If the network is not working or it cannot access www.roborealm.com it should eventually respond after a minute of two with another connection failure error message. Did you see this after a couple minutes or just exited before that?

STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
That message pops up right away. After clicking yes and waiting for a bit, it seems to stop working...

Thank you.

Anonymous 8 year
Changed to different camera (DMM 25G445-ML) and it doesn't give error

Thanks

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index