Constant Variable
Daniel  [1 posts]
8 year
I'm new to RoboRealm and I'm trying to make a program to detect certain objects. I have filters that filter out everything but the objects. I'm trying to make an If statement that will display text on the screen if the area of the object's blob is above a certain point, but I don't know how to set that certain point. All I can see to compare to is the other variables. Does anyone know how to set a constant as a variable?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Daniel,

In most modules you can just type in a number as a constant. If, however, you are looking to use a number in multiple modules using a single variable have a look at the Set_Variable module which you can use to create configuration variables in a centralized place.

In your case you may also find the If_Statement module useful when comparing a variable to a known value (i.e. pass/fail) and then print out using the Display_Text module the result of the comparison.

If you need further help, feel free to post your robofile and sample image here so that we can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index