depth
Anonymous
8 year
Mr STeven,
                      Is there any function to find out the depth of an object in a 3-D environment??
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Can you describe your environment more? There a couple ways to determine depth but it all depends on your environment and what object you are talking about.

STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
Steve, this is image of the object for which depth has to be found

Ok, that should be possible to tell the depth from since its a known solid object. In what context if the container placed in where the depth need to be determined? Do you have an actual real time that we can check? I.e. nicely photographed image of the container in ideal product lighting isn't very realistic in actual production environments. The actual environment makes a big difference!

STeven.
Anonymous 8 year
Thanks STeven. Awaiting all these days for your response. Based upon the solid object size and shape the robotic gripper shall dynamically adjust its fingers to catch it as per its width. For example, in the above image that I sent you, the x,y,z values will differ when compared to an object of some other dimensions.
Keep in mind that for any object that you plan to grip you would need to know the dimensions beforehand ... I think you will find that once you actually start working with a live image, you will have many other issues to resolve before you even get to the one that you are concerned about. For example, if you plan to have the robot pick up any item from a bin of objects, that's going to be very difficult.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index