Inconsistency with set variable
Thomas Wagner from Germany  [51 posts]
9 year
If you use the set variable module and change either the name or the value of a variable from small to capital letters, things don't show up in the program editor after you havce closed the module editor.

You have to go to a different value first. Probably you do not treat small and capital letters as different when checking for changes during save.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
That is consistent with most modules. They will not show their update in the pipeline until you press OK (as in close the module). The system doesn't automatically update the changes in the pipeline while you are editing the module. This is probably more evident in the Set_Variable since you see the variables and values in the pipeline.

I'm assuming that even if you just change the case of the name or value you do see the change after you press OK.

STeven.
Anonymous 9 year
STeven

you are correct, I cannot reproduce this effect here with the other PC and a fresh program.

I assume that the missing update I observed came from my python time.sleep(5) command, so updates were delayed.

Sorry.

BR T.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index