Origin and edges
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year

Hi STeven

I've been working with the origin module quite a bit, and using those co-ordinates. I don't know if others concur, but having a radio button on 'Sample Color' to use 'Origin variables' would be extremely helpful. As it is, one either has to edit a VB script, or do arithmetic in the value window. If you have a few 'Sample Color' functions and need to move the origin parameters, it's then a lot of editing.
I even made a mock up of what it could look like ;-) see attached.

Also, while the 'Edge Probe' very conveniently has 'use origin variables', there is no option to show the test line. So in developing, one has to open the module every time to see the extents of the line.

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

Agreed! Unfortunately the Color Sample module should have been named Color Probe since that would have been more inline with the other probe modules.

Nevertheless, the Origin variable checkbox was added to that module and all other probe modules were upgraded to show the probe areas using dashed lines.

v2.67.31 has this update.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index