Sleep/Pause/Wait
Thomas Wagner from Germany  [51 posts]
9 year
Is there a way to freeze an image for a few seconds?

In case that I have found a result, I'd like to freeze a live image for a few seconds (or even only an overlay).

The timer module seems to do exactly the opposite, performing everything from begin up to the timer module, until a ceratin wait time has passed.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Yes, you can use a combination of Marker modules to achieve that.

See attached. This will freeze the image when a lot of red stuff is seen.

STeven.

program.robo
Thomas Wagner from Germany  [51 posts] 9 year
STeven,

Sorry, but your program does not freeze anything here. And yes, I checked the value of the variable, it is large enough.

For me it seems that even in the case that the if loop is entered, the next program loop starts again with a live image.

I can obviously use a simple time.sleep(5) command in a python subscript, as attached, so there is an easy workaround.

Thomas
program.robo
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Thomas,

Sorry for the confusion ... the above robofile will freeze on the last large red item. So while there is a lot of red the image will update in realtime. When there isn't enough red it will just show the last image that did have enough red.

While your robofile works, you will notice that the app appears to freeze entirely during that time ... this includes opening files, saving, etc. since you are freezing the pipeline everything is synced to that pipeline which can cause other issues. If that's not a concern you are good to go.

I've included an updated robofile that doesn't cause this app freeze.

STeven.

program.robo
Thomas Wagner from Germany  [51 posts] 9 year
STeven,

OK, took me a moment to understand he concept but I got it. Thanks!

Thomas

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index