Time with no camera
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year

I am using RR without a camera, but in this case the IMAGE_DATETIME does not update.

Is there any way to get access to the computer clock without a camera attached?

Regards
Roland
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Do you need more resolution than seconds? We can add a CLOCK_TIME variable if that's the case.

STeven,
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year

Hi STeven

That would be perfect. I only need seconds resolution.

Although I do need to use this as an input variable in the 'Format_DateTime' module to change the order.

Regards
Roland
CLOCK_TIME now available in the latest version.

STeven.

Thanks STeven

I just tried it out, but don't see the correlation to the actual clock time. It does however, look much like the MOUSE_CLICK_TIME

Please see attached pic.

Regards
Roland

Roland,

The format used is the number of seconds since Sept 2001 (or some other date depending on your OS). That is the easiest format to work with since any math on the time is easy to do. In order to get an actual printed date, you can use the format date module which understands that time.

Or just use the Format_DateTime with a blank input variable and it will use the current time as the source. Perhaps this is really what you needed regardless.

Or were you looking for something different?

Also, I assume you've set the Min Processing time in the options dialog to run the pipeline without having the camera activated? If not, the time will just stick and not increment until the pipeline needs to run.

STeven.
Hi STeven

Yes, I have set the minimum FPS, but I did not know about the blank input variable. Really sorry I missed that line in the documentation.

So leaving the variable blank is exactly what I need. Thanks.

Regards
Roland
No worries ... I even missed that too! We've added in a small text note in that interface to remind people of that capability. So thanks for bringing it up! It seemed weird that it wouldn't have such a default action but it turns out it already does just not indicated well enough!

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index