Buttons
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
9 year
Hi STeven

I have been mulling on sending this for months now, because you I don't want to make extra work for you. But, it looks like I'm getting a small project that will need lots of 'buttons'.

Looking at the attached image, is there any easy way to use mouse-able buttons outside the 'button interface', as in the 'start' button that I made.

This means that they will be just like the button interface, but individual, and positionable anywhere on the screen.

Regards
Roland

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Roland,

Thanks for the post ... this is something we've also been mulling around with. The idea of sticking the button on the image is an interesting one. We were thinking of something along the lines of a fully configurable interface that allows multiple images to be displayed with buttons, radio, dropdown menus,etc. in a single interface. I supposed that if that interface can go full screen then you'd have what you are looking for?

The idea would be that this interface could prevent the regular interface from being used and instead be more of a control panel interface. We've received several requests lately that would be satisfied by this.

The construction of this interface would be similar to the current button interface but allow for drag and drop placement of GUI elements aswell as augment the general settings for such a window (background color, full screen, etc.). Does all this seem like something you'd fine useful?

STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 9 year
Hi STeven

Yes, it does all sound useful. The other day I wanted to knock up a simple alarm interface using an RF link to an outbuilding. I did it using RR because the program is so versatile! I quickly had it playing .wav files if a zone was triggered and beeping if comms was lost.

The attached pic shows how text was used in my last project with real buttons at the edge of the screen. There was no keyboard or mouse used.

On this next project, I'm almost ashamed to admit that there will be no camera. It's a user interface to print labels from a menu driven GUI in kiosk mode. The user will only have access to a mouse, and maybe a USB numeric pad. Once again, the versatility of RR allows me to put almost anything on the screen, but in this case, I don't want to see 'Button interface' on a VB style textbox.

Regards
Roland

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index