Movement Tracking
Jonathan from Poland  [1 posts]
9 year
I am currently in the process of creating a 'rover' robot that uses a camera to detect the movement of people, and accordingly send a command to my NXT Brick to fire a gun when movement can be seen. I began by using the movement module, which worked well with a stationary camera, but the problem I'm having is the fact that the camera wont be stationary, it will be mounted atop an omni-directional rover. Without a stationary camera almost all things are being detected as movement. Is there anyway I can make the camera only detect the movement of humans? Or perhaps is there a way in which I exclude the camera's constant movement and only allow roborelam to take into consideration the movement of people?
Thank you
Jonathan
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Jonathan,

That's what the "Reduce global movement" checkbox in that module tries to do. Note that this is not always possible since the world is 3D and the images are 2D which means they may sometimes not match correctly and thus show the entire image as moving.

Another way is to stop, take a sample, and then act according to that. Its not ideal in that you cannot fire while moving but it would improve the overall accuracy.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index