Spykee arrow key control
Jamie Linney from United Kingdom  [10 posts]
9 year
I need help controlling my spykee with arrow keys because im trying to use AVM navigator to move it around. Im using the Erector_Spykee to connect to it and control it by clicking the interface arrows with my mouse but im aiming to make the spykee controllable with arrow keys.

Thanks!
EDV  [328 posts] 9 year
Just try to use variables "NV_L_MOTOR_128" and "NV_R_MOTOR_128" in motor control of Erector Spykee.
Jamie Linney from United Kingdom  [10 posts] 9 year
i tried it but then spykee started moving backwards by itself (avm wasn't enabled) he just kept moving backwards, bumping into things.
EDV  [328 posts] 9 year
I think you should to convert values of  "NV_L_MOTOR" and "NV_R_MOTOR" ("-100 " - full power backwards, "100" - full power forwards, "0" - motor off) to convenient format for Erector_Spykee. Try to use "Scale Variable" module or "VBScript Plugin" for this purpose.

See here for example: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?4764-Using-of-AVM-plugin-in-RoboRealm&p=47743#post47743
Could you add me on skype? then you can use teamviewer to assist me if im doing it wrong? Skype: jamie.linney (from Bournemouth)
EDV  [328 posts] 9 year
No, sorry, I don't have time for it. But I can try to help you in this thread.
ah, ok but i'm really confused. it's very urgent that you can help and explain it more clearly
EDV  [328 posts] 9 year
Okay, can you manually check values for motor control of Erector Spykee?

Which values should be set for robot control (moving forward, backward, stop)?
Well, i'm not sure since im kind of a newbie. the motor control is when i putted both of the variables you said to me but spykee kept moving backwards or kept spinning around in circles.
EDV  [328 posts] 9 year
Okay, let's try to make it clear with this picture:

Like this?

He keeps moving backwards, not sure why...
AMAZING!!! I figured out how to control him with arrow keys now :) thanks for your help :D
One last thing, how do i do with with my IP camera aswell (pan and tilt)
Actually, nevermind. but can you tell me how to make spykee's motors slow down because when spykee sees a moving, he tries to go there but hes going zig zag or spinning around because he has no idea where the object went.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index