Sparki sketch
David from United Kingdom  [3 posts]
10 year
I've just downloaded the software to run with the Sparki Robot.  I've installed the new header files as recommended, but when I try to compile the supplied sketch I get a number of errors:

ArcBotics_Sparki.ino: In function 'void loop()':
ArcBotics_Sparki:313: error: 'class SparkiClass' has no member named 'gripperCloseSteps'
ArcBotics_Sparki:314: error: 'class SparkiClass' has no member named 'gripperOpenSteps'
ArcBotics_Sparki:390: error: 'class SparkiClass' has no member named 'updateAll'

C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:383: error: no 'void SparkiClass::gripperOpenSteps()' member function declared in class 'SparkiClass'
C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:388: error: no 'void SparkiClass::gripperCloseSteps()' member function declared in class 'SparkiClass'
C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:393: error: no 'void SparkiClass::singleMotorRotateSteps(int, int, int, int)' member function declared in class 'SparkiClass'
C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Sparki.cpp:1667: error: no 'void SparkiClass::updateAll()' member function declared in class 'SparkiClass'
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
David,

We had a problem with that file. Can you download that again

http://www.roborealm.com/help/ArcBotics_Sparki/Sparki.zip

The Sparki.h file was missing the following function definitions

void gripperCloseSteps();
void gripperOpenSteps();
void singleMotorRotateSteps(int motor, int direction, int speed, int steps);
void updateAll();

STeven.
David from United Kingdom  [3 posts] 10 year
That worked fine thanks. Do you know if it changed the servo parameters?  The Radar command works fine, but the standard Sparki servo code doesn't seem to work now.
David from United Kingdom  [3 posts] 10 year
With servo, rather than working from -90 to 0 to 90 it works from 40 to 120 to 200
David,

Yea, we used the more typical 0 to 255 with 128 being neutral for the servo sweep.

STeven.
Chuck Untulis from United States  [7 posts] 10 year
I just tried downloading the version mentioned in this thread
http://www.roborealm.com/help/ArcBotics_Sparki/Sparki.zip

and then I start "C:\Program Files (x86)\SparkiDuino\SparkiDuino.exe" with a date of feb 19, 2014 and run the Gripper program, I get http://screencast.com/t/PNEse7lKn0 . I also tried running the Accelerometer example and I get the same errors.
Chuck,

Unfortunately, the two libraries (the one that work with RR) and what Arcbotics is using is not synchronized in terms of what exists. As they are still making updates to their library we decided to at least include a snapshot of the library that we know works with the RoboRealm module until things get more stable. To run the gripper and other examples, its best to revert back to their included library.

To remedy this situation (and other problems this is causing) we plan to branch their library in such a way that will not conflict with their existing stuff.

Sorry for the confusion between the two systems ... Sparki is constantly undergoing revisions!

STeven.
Thanks. I kept thinking that it was something that I was doing wrong and that is why I included as much as I thought useful. I will drop back to the Sparki stuff until I hear from you. Do you know when that branch will occur?

Chuck
Chuck.

How about now? Attached is the reformulated .ino and support files. In this case things are much easier. Just unzip this into some folder that you can remember, use the SparkDuino IDE to load in the .ino file, select the right serial port and upload. Note that as the files are renamed and branched from the core Sparki lib, you don't need to put them in that special folder anymore. Hopefully this makes things easier to upload AND allows the current Sparki examples to continue to work as expected.

We will be updating the docs shortly to reflect this change.

STeven.

ArcBotics_Sparki.zip
Thanks.

I was able to compile and load the code into the Sparki.

I then started RoboRealm (2.61.1), selected Sparki and the interface looks like the documentation. Eventually the sonar sweeps and data is presented which means the link and the on board code is talking to RoboRealm.

I will have to figure how the motors and sensors are connected.

Thanks for your help.

Chuck

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index