Blob filtration based on logic
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts]
10 year
Hi STeven,

Is it possible to filter blobs based on logic rather then priority? For example in the attached image i would like to get the result blob4 and blob1 by using the nearest blob to x (based on COG) and brightest blob. No combination i use will result in the blobs i want. How ever if i could specify the logic "nearest to x AND brightest blob" i would get the blobs that i want. This would exhibit a more human like logic then filtering based on priority.  

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Dawson,

It seems that blob 2 is actually closer to X than blob1 .. but if we lower the X mark then 1 and 4 are closest.

To address your issue directly, yes, actually the way you want it is the way that the system is designed. Every attribute in the blob filter list IS an and. So what you do is decide on a weight (priority is not applicable here) that eliminates those that don't meet the minimum weight. The next filter then will remove even more. See the attached robofile for an example on that. Perhaps the distance to X being closer to blob2 was what confused you? Or perhaps I'm not understanding the issue ... note I recreated your image file without the annotation to test.

STeven.

program.robo
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts] 10 year
Hi STeven,

Thanks for the explanation. Excellent.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index