Blob split feature expansion
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts]
10 year
Hi Steven,

Often times I face the problem where after applying the edge detection filter, the strong edges of the object join with the weak edges of the background. Is it possible to split blobs based on edge strength. Meaning the user can specify the percentage of edge strength at which the blob is separated. This sounds similar to thresholding but it is slightly more involved where you don't just chose a minimum and maximum limit for the entire image. For example, in order to solve my problem I need to split blobs at the point where the intensity of the blob drops below 10%. This filter can be applied from top to bottom or from left to right depending on the option chosen. This would be a very useful feature. Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Dawson,

This might be possible ... can you post a source image and then show it processed and indicate which separations you are looking for? We can then better determine what kind of localized thresholding may be needed to get you the desired result.

STeven.
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts] 10 year
Hi Steven,

The red line indicates roughly where i want the split to occur.
program.robo
Hi Steven,

Pls ignore the previous attachment. The wrong file got attached. The red line indicates where i want the split to occur.
program.robo
Its the right attachment. The file name changes when posted.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Dawson,

I do see the red lines but there isn't anything in the robofile that is actually segmenting the blobs. I've included the autothreshold with a setting that seems to get close to what you want. Can you have a look at that and see what isn't correct? (Note, we have no idea on what we are looking at so we simply can't tell what you really want).

STeven.
program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index